The bed has become a piece of furniture, which combines elegance and pragmatics with luxury and comfort.
But sometimes the market offers us products, for which we haven’t even dreamed about. Stepping into the world of furnishing, high technologies create the beds of tomorrow, which outshine the expectations of possible and impossible in making the necessary piece of furniture, among the wonders of technical thought, the top places go to:
Modern magnetic floating bed
1. The magnetic floating bed – this bed is the brainchild of the Netherlands architect Janjaap Ruijssenaar after long examination and work. It’s a challenge to the laws of gravity and can endure as much as 900 kilograms. 2. The “Dream under a starry sky” bed is a production of Leggett & Platt. The cosiness and comport of this bed is an astounding combination of technologies. It has built in devices, which follow the body’s temperature and movements, the heart rhythm and way of breathing. This bed also has an audio and video system and internet.
Luxe Elite system bed
3. Hollandia Platinum – Luxe Elite is a dream system, which offers some of the most luring conveniences, such as a 32-inch television set, placed right in front of the structure, which can set its own brightness according to the surrounding light. There are also an audio system, an option of setting the right angle and twelve programs for massage, built in. 4. Ruf, the multimedia bed with home cinema, has indeed its very own home cinema system, which can be switched off and hidden for the night with a remote control. The pillows can change their shape, so as to be comfortable for both sleeping and watching the screen.
Gravity Zero bed design
5. The “Gravity Zero groove” bed is a production of Hollandia International. It has an audio system, which will make us believe in wonders. It has twelve massage programs with two massage systems. The mattress can be set to achieve the most comfortable position for a good night’s sleep. 6. The “Ultimate TV bed” is created for the admirers of movies and television programs. With merely a few buttons the 22-inch television receiver can be controlled. This high quality viewing system can make us loose touch with reality.
Modern oval bed
7. The spinning “Histoire to be” bed, created by Mobelform, has a built in television set, a round orthopaedic mattress with additional settings and a remote control. This bed is suitable for people who like diversity. 8. Gustarle is a water-bed with a built in television set. This water-bed is equipped with a 26-inch television set with a liquid crystal display and a built in DVD-player. It can be chosen in terms of colour, covering and size.
9. The indestructible bed is a production of “Quantum sleeper”. It’s a product, made to endure all kinds of hostile happenings and protect its owner in the process. It binds, becoming a fire and waterproof chest, which protects from natural disasters and biochemical attacks. Apart from the accenting protection functions, it also has an audio-video system, a computer, fridge, microwave and radio. 10. The sonic bed is a creation of Kaffe Matthews. It’s a 12-channel audio system, the initial idea is for it to be a museum artwork, but the pleasure of spending time in it has made it into an attractive market product.
Text by B. Angelov